- Use new batteries. Do not use AA or AAA rechargeable batteries.
- Use quality wooden matches. Some low quality matches are very difficult to ignite.
- Color the tip of the match black with a sharpie or magic marker and wait 10 minutes for the ink to dry.
- Keep you hands steady or use a tripod to ensure a steady beam.
- Shorten the distance between the laser and the match.
- Use the focal lens from the Expanded Lens Kit.
Lasers with an output power of 95mW and above should be able to light matches.