The ability to cut tape varies with different types and colors of tape. Try the following suggestions:
- Try using brand new batteries. Do not use AA or AAA rechargeable batteries
- Try marking the tape with a sharpie or other black marker if you are using a light colored tape.
- Try putting some weight on it so that it stretches.
- Keep you hands steady or use a tripod to ensure a steady beam.
- Shorten the distance between the laser and the tape.
- Use the focal lens from the Expanded Lens Kit.
Lasers with an output power of 95mW and above should be able to cut electrical tape.